I'm finishing my coffee...

Monday, January 08, 2007

Hello Amber, Oklahoma

So I hope this doesn't freak you out. But together, Google and I are watching you. I recently signed up for Google Analytics and am using it to track page-views for this blog.

I am not by any means a statistics type of person, but I find this service fascinating. It would be great to have more visitors, and I might be able to use the information about what sites are referring page-views, etc to find the most effective marketing strategies. The truth, though, is that I am not interested in marketing this blog. I signed up for Google Analytics because I am a curious sort of person.

Upon first review, it is very comprehensive. My favorite feature is the Geo Map Overlay:

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello and welcome to my first international viewer from Edmonton!

Where I work, we have a Video-Conferencing facility and keep a world map with push-pins for every place we've connected with. We had a long debate about where to put the push-pin after we connected with the space-station to allow a NASA astronaut to communicate with his family. I wonder where Google would put the push-pin?

Digg!
| del.icio.us it! | Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: